When I started blogging almost 10 years ago, I never thought I would have taken my writing and blogging all the places I have in this past decade. I probably would have said you were off your rocker if you told me what I’d be doing with my blog in 2014. I thought it was a fun hobby, and a weird one at that.
Imagine blogging 10 years ago — it was an entirely different landscape. Today looks very different, and one of the best ways it is different is that the opportunity to take what you love and turn it into a business is greater than ever. What has endured over the past decade is our collective passion for sharing our lives, our everyday beauty, our stories and our obsessions — and doing so publicly and creatively. It’s amazing, isn’t it?
So going along with my theme of not being afraid, I have a fun thing to share today!
I am excited to announce that I’ll be one of 6 teachers in an ecourse that will be held at the end of this month called “Turning Your Hobby Into A Business“. In my session I will be talking about going from hobby blogging to a freelance writing career, but also about so much more. Here is the outline for my session:
What you will learn from me:
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses and learn how to use that information to monetize your existing skills.
- How to vet ideas and know if your business will work before you launch
- Create a business plan from scratch. We will show you how to set achievable goals for your business that lead to steady growth.
And that is just one of the sessions.
What you will learn from the other teachers:
- Learn how to look outside of yourself to develop a unique selling proposition
- Position your brand in a way that aligns with your values and attracts the perfect clients
- Create a brand voice that allows you to stand out from your competitors and show the value you bring
- How to create a marketing plan from scratch
- The secret behind landing press coverage for your business
- Learn the path to getting your business in front of the customers that matter
- How to build a business around the life you want to live
- Tools for seamlessly integrating productivity into your daily routine
- A plan for managing the growth of your business without losing your mind
The other teachers are amazing, and their sessions sound INCREDIBLE. They will be sharing everything from being a successful creative entrepreneur to having a shop and growing it the best way you can. The other teachers (including one of my fav people – Maggie Whitley) are creative successes in their own right, and I’d love for you to take a look at this course and see if it would be a good fit for you!
The course is held as a live webinar every day for 5 days, from 1-2pm EST, beginning Monday Feb 24th. The course will be available to you anytime after that, as your access never expires (so if you can’t make it live, you can still catch it later!).
Also, I have a special code for you guys — you can use the code “LAUNCHIT” to take the course for just $99.
Hope to see you there!