In Real Life

Post image for In Real Life

I turned 34 a few weeks ago. It was one of those surreal times because birthdays used to be magical and sortof epic and now they’re just there.

A little wink from him and a few homemade cards and some pancakes, it’s all I need now.

spring break

Then we spent a week in North Myrtle Beach with my whole immediate family – i.e. My parents, my siblings and all our spouses/kiddos. We all survived under one roof, all 18 of us. In a condo. It rained most of the trip and the majority of the house got sick. We still made amazing memories.

babies play

We have been spending all our time since then running in circles.

Have I told you we’re moving to Arizona?

moving cross-country

In 8 days.

The kitchen was packed up this weekend, along with all our decorative items. We now feel like this house is sad and bare, but it’s ready for us to move on. Just clothes and toys left. 8 days.

River is 6 months old now and says “hi” and smiles and giggles and watches us all like she is taking in every word. She is pulling herself around on her tummy and threatening a knee crawl. I wish for her to slow down.

I know I’ve said it before, but she really is magical. Anyone who holds her can’t help but notice the effect she has on your person. Her energy calms you. She makes you feel warm and cozy in your skin. She makes you want to nap.

River 6 months old

It’s really really strange when you know your family is complete. When you know there will be no more babies. I’ve never felt it like this before. Oh, I’ve thought we were “done”, but now I know we really are. Each milestone is a big deal to me. I want it all to slow down. I don’t crave to get a break or for her to sleep through the night or for her to nurse less. I don’t crave freedom from this time. I just want to keep folding the cloth diapers and looking at tiny baby girl dresses and sink into this.

I miss you. What are you up to lately?

ATS April 16, 2012 at 11:42 am

so much happening. yay! hold it all dear to you. 34 is a good year. xo

Tarasview April 16, 2012 at 11:45 am

I know that feeling so well- I had it with my daughter too. That “we are complete now” feeling. Enjoy it :)

And wow… 8 days. Praying for you, sending you all the calmness and helpfulness I can through those prayers and wishing I could be there to help you in the chaos of moving.

love to you in your new adventure dear one xox

IlinaP April 16, 2012 at 11:46 am

Happy Birthday to you! What an exciting new chapter. Safe travels!

dearabbyleigh April 16, 2012 at 11:47 am

oh the river magic. i miss it. is PA on the way from SC to AZ?

HopefulLeigh April 16, 2012 at 11:56 am

I didn’t realize moving day is only 8 days away! Holy goodness. Wish I could help you finish packing- or at least wrangle the kids for awhile so *you* can finish. Excited to see where God is taking you next.

mary April 16, 2012 at 11:58 am

i completely understand wanting it all to slow down. totally.

praying for you guys as you finalize everything with the move.

and that baby is just simply delish. ;0)

X

Rachel April 16, 2012 at 11:59 am

I understand completely this whole post. We also just moved (CRAZY lol with kiddos running around)! And your last statement, about your family being complete, I too understand this. I was a bit sad at first, when I realized Katelynn was our last. I took pictures of her tiny feet, tiny hands, little nose lol I cherished every cry, every 2am feeding, every nursing (I nursed her the longest, almost 2 years)….all things, even little, became huge milestones! But, there is a strange peace in completeness, so there is no longer sadness over her being the last, just pure joy and excitement at every new stage our family goes through.

I wish ya’ll all the best on your move and what the future holds for your family! Love and miss ya’ll!

Duong Sheahan April 16, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Oh Airanne!
Your time w/Family time sounded amazing! Best of luck on your move to AZ!! What part will you be living in? Hubs and I would like to have a condo there for the winter very soon.

Hugs to you~~~
@DuongSheahan

Tricia April 16, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Happy belated birthday, my dear friend! I can’t believe River is six months old. Are you sure??? I can’t wait to meet her. And you. Love you!

Kacia April 16, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Praying for an uneventful move!

+ I really, really cannot believe that River is 6 months old!! wowsas!

xoxo

Linda April 16, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Happy Birthday to you! I’ll be praying your move goes very smoothly. One of my boys was born in Phoenix actually, at a small birth center. Glad you’re getting to thoroughly enjoy your baby girl, that would be magical after 3 boys! : )

Adventures In Babywearing April 16, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I’m reading NieNie’s book and wishing for those big family get togethers! Also, I thought you wrote that River makes people want to “rap” LOL. I was like, okay! And am tempted to type a rhyme but no.

Steph

Megan at SortaCrunchy April 17, 2012 at 7:16 am

8 DAYS. How are you even doing this? Amazing. Are the Olders lots of help when it comes time to pack? 8 DAYS!

Also, I wanted to tell you at Blissdom that holding River made me feel so mellow, I thought I might take a nap, but I didn’t want you to think I was a weirdo. But now you know and now I know I’m not the only one. :)

Elaine A. April 17, 2012 at 2:43 pm

I cannot believe she is 6 months old already! And I’m not just saying that.

Sounds like an amazing time with your family. Good Luck with the move – WOW!

Kamille@Redeeming the Table April 17, 2012 at 5:08 pm

that’s some exciting adventure taking you have going. I love the magic you write of when talking about River, and you as a mama. It warms my heart. Are you moving back to Scottsdale or elsewhere?

P.S. You two are brave souls to be moving right before the heat:)