What I Wore (39wks)

Post image for What I Wore (39wks)

It’s been a long week, friends.
And perhaps I have another week left?

WIWWwk39-02
The effort it took to get these pics taken
may show in my eyes if you look closely.

WIWWwk39-06

But I can’t help but feel like the most blessed
who gets to feel kicks and wiggles
{oh so down low wiggles}
all by myself.

WIWWwk39-01

Soon I will have to share.
Baby will be ours, yours, the world’s.

I treasure stretch marks that have appeared
in week 39.

WIWW39wks-04

Because I made it to week 39, y’all.
This baby made it to week 39.

Life is too short to tell you about my aches and pains
but please know your support and prayers
are helping me
through each long day
as I roller coaster
through readiness
and fear
and back to bravery
then to anxiety.

WIWWwk39-08

Only to rest in perfect peace again.

Life is so beautiful.

***

striped tee (non-maternity) : old navy
strapless brown dress (non-maternity) : old navy
black cardi (non-maternity) : target
red sash : thrifted
black leggings (maternity) : old navy
black wedges : target
green shell earrings : vintage

Cameron September 16, 2011 at 12:12 am

I can’t believe how much non-maternity clothing you can wear! I’m pretty much exclusively maternity at this point, and some of the stuff I bought in my 2nd trimester is getting too tight to be comfortable. Crazy that it could be any time for you now! I’m 35.5 weeks and it’s crazy to me how close it is… I can’t imagine what I’ll feel like at 39 weeks! :)
.-= Cameron´s last blog ..34 Week Update =-.

Arianne September 16, 2011 at 12:25 am

@Cameron, I think I’m just lucky that my pre-preg clothes were all “generous” in the middle thanks to all these previous babes. :) Also, this top does not cover belly, and if I wore that dress up around my bust, it would be too short in front. I think getting creative w/my clothes has made all the difference this time!

Also? You are SO SOON! And the last week will be the longest of your life… <3

Ashleigh Baker September 16, 2011 at 12:14 am

Love that close up in the middle. The Ari-sass in there is splendid.

I bought baby something yesterday because it was just THERE and Fifi clearly needed it. So, I think that means it’s time. Ahem.

Any moment now. Cannot wait. <3

Arianne September 16, 2011 at 12:26 am

@Ashleigh Baker, tis time!!!

Danielle Smith September 16, 2011 at 12:38 am

Don’t hate me for this, but I kinda want you to hang in there for a bit longer b/c I am JUST LOVING seeing you so BEAUTIFUL AND FULL OF LIFE AND PREGNANT. *sigh* Ok – now that I have that out of my system….. I will, naturally celebrate when your sweet one comes, but I will miss seeing how darn gorgeous and sassy you are like this. Granted, there will be BABY picture to make me weep. (nod now) THERE WILL BE LOTS O’ PICTURES TO MAKE ME WEEP, yes? xoxo
.-= Danielle Smith´s last blog ..Allergy Remedies – Have Any for the Miserable? =-.

Nikki September 16, 2011 at 1:48 am

@Danielle Smith, I agree. Couldn’t agree more. There is a light in you Miss Ari and it shines so beautifully, blindingly bright. When I read your posts and see the pictures I am in awe and love with every part of you. I have followed along in your journey smiling when you share your joy and weeping when you are down. I know you’re weary and achy but it does not show. It does not come through in your words or your pictures. I see and feel only goodness and beauty and joy and love. I am excited to meet the babe and share in the blessing and joy with you.
.-= Nikki´s last blog ..Book Review and Giveaway: Pretty by Jillian Lauren =-.

Sara Sophia September 16, 2011 at 1:08 am

Oh Ari <3

You know what I don't say.

—Mish
.-= Sara Sophia´s last blog ..Small Style with Sustainable Kids =-.

Amber@theRunaMuck September 16, 2011 at 7:45 am

I know those eyes, gorgeous friend.

Adventures In Babywearing September 16, 2011 at 8:00 am

39 weeks!! I love the green stripes!

Steph
.-= Adventures In Babywearing´s last blog ..For starters, I burned the butter. =-.

By Word of Mouth Musings September 16, 2011 at 8:42 am

I was reading your bio on Babble, caught my eye with the Buffy …
then discovered you homeschooled, then saw you were at Incourage and now i am all shades of excited at having someone new to follow and see new baby pictures … hmmm, happy sighs !
.-= By Word of Mouth Musings´s last blog ..Foursquare. My Version. =-.

Kim September 16, 2011 at 9:44 am

You are SO beautiful my friend. Love these photos, love you.
.-= Kim´s last blog ..Work Work Work. =-.

Lisa-Jo thegypsymama (@thegypsymama) September 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm

39 weeks! The last stretch – you can do it! The end is in site!

Lisa-Jo thegypsymama (@thegypsymama) September 16, 2011 at 2:38 pm

39 weeks! The last stretch – you can do it! The end is in site!

Tara @ Skippin' Rope September 16, 2011 at 2:56 pm

I’m so excited for you!!!! Ahhh, you are sooo close!!!

Your wardrobe is inspiring! I love how you are mixing it up! The green stripes, wonderful! Love ‘em sooo much!

Tricia September 16, 2011 at 4:10 pm

39 weeks. Praise God. I wish I could be down the street, to come over just to give you a quick hug. To be able to just drop off flowers on your doorstep. To be able to buy fun baby things and surprise you with them. Because this? You and this baby? It’s something to celebrate. I love you, dear friend.
.-= Tricia´s last blog ..Baby fever =-.

Corinne September 16, 2011 at 5:18 pm

I love this line: “Life is too short to tell you about my aches and pains”
Amen to that.
You look stunning! Thinking of you :)
.-= Corinne´s last blog ..Where I’m From =-.

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting September 16, 2011 at 10:13 pm

Gor-fricken-geous. Seriously. xo

Aparna September 17, 2011 at 11:58 am

I have never seen a more gorgeous pregnant lady. I am so excited for you and totally wish I were pregnant again.

Domestic Extraordinaire September 18, 2011 at 2:57 pm

you are beautiful mama!
.-= Domestic Extraordinaire´s last blog ..What I Wore Wednesday =-.

Megan at SortaCrunchy September 19, 2011 at 2:23 pm

I am OBSESSED (truly) with stripes this fall. Is that a recent Old Navy find?

I’m just about 100% sure you could not possibly be more darling. I am feeling sash-inspired right now.
.-= Megan at SortaCrunchy´s last blog ..Saved By The Job Jar =-.

Hyacynth September 19, 2011 at 5:31 pm

Lovely! You look lovely, and your eyes? They have thankfulness sparkling in them.
.-= Hyacynth´s last blog ..Marriage: There is Harvest =-.

lissa September 20, 2011 at 9:08 am

39 weeks!! LOVE!
.-= lissa´s last blog ..six for saturday =-.

amanda September 21, 2011 at 12:43 am

You do green stripes good … and 39 weeks! Good luck in the days to come – what an exciting time!
.-= amanda´s last blog ..a new fall =-.

Alberta October 15, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Howdy! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a
team of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche.

Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done
a marvellous job!