I have been letting people down lately. And when the fit hits the shan at home, all I can do is buckle down and concentrate on work and, and that leaves my beloved friends, , in a lurch. I hate having to disappoint people, so I decided to post this , so you know up front what you are getting into with me.
- I will not return your phone calls. Sorry, but I hate the phone, and I don’t even call my mother back. Email me if you want to reach me. Which brings me to my next point…
- I won’t reply to your emails. Well, I will, but it will either be days later, or a two word reply. Again, ask my mother how good I am at this.
- I will forget what is going on in your life if we haven’t spoken in a few days. Going into survival mode with ruling our house right now means that my is spilling over with all the details. I still care, I just can’t remember.
- I will go days without speaking to you. It’s not because I don’t want to, it’s because there’s only so much this stressed out full time working mom can handle. It’s not you, it’s me.
- I will have other friends too, and I may want to do things with them. I will still want to do things with you, but I like doing things. With people.
- I am a career minded gal, and will be busy with work. Just because I work at home doesn’t mean I’m less busy than those that commute to the city. I am more accessible, but not more available. I am also usually wearing sweats.
- I will by you when you’re life goes through changes, trials and tribulations. I won’t abandon you, ever. Sorry, but that’s a promise.
- I am genetically unable to be fake, so I will always keep it real with you. Sincerity is my , so look out.
- I will make you laugh, even if it means me agreeing to do the Carlton Dance while you record it with your video camera. It’s just how I roll.
- I will let you make as many jokes about my boobs as you want. Again, it’s how I roll.
- I will never be mean to you, I will become your passionate and support system, and will defend you to the end. Even if I will never call you back.
So if you read this disclaimer and still want to be my friend, awesome! If not, I understand. Well, I don’t understand, but at least we didn’t get all lovey mclovey before I ruined it in some way. Saved my time, and yours.