Fifty Things I Like About Myself

Anyone who follows me on Twitter knows that yesterday was a hard day for me. Well, I got it all out at my other blog (please go and read all about it here), and so I figured I’d keep myself focused on the positive today here at Chez To Think.

I saw Deb twitter this post, and was intrigued.  Could I really think of 50 things I liked about myself?  It’s certainly a daunting task judging by how difficult life has been for me lately.  I decided that forcing myself to write this post may just possibly smack me out of The Wallowing, and that can only be a good thing.  So, without further adieu…

Fifty Things I Like About Myself

1.  I can express myself well through writing.

2.  I’m tech savvy.

3.  I have a wicked sense of humor.

4.  It is utterly impossible for me to be fake.

5.  I walk to the beat of a different drummer.

6.  That beat is most likely coming from an indie rock band.

7.  I’m opened minded.

8.  So I have no problem questioning my own beliefs, thereby making them stronger.

9.  I love the 80′s.  Music.  Colors.  Jazz hands.  But not shoulder pads.

10.  I care about the Earth, and preserving it the best we can.

11.  I do not ever give up when it comes to recovering my kids from autism.

12.  I am passionate.

13.  This passion sometimes ruffles feathers.

14.  I am creative.

15.  I love to paint on canvas.

16.  I love to take pictures.

17.  I am a really good friend.

18.  I can make people laugh pretty easily.

19.  I am dorky.

20.  I am curvy.

21.  I don’t like gossip.

22.  Especially among church people.

23.  I have weird hair.

24.  I think it’s fun to have weird hair.

25.  I have given birth at home twice.

26.  I am a hard worker.

27.  When I want to be.

28.  I don’t mind admitting my faults.

29.  I love easily.

30.  I am forgiving.

31.  I have a good sense of style.

32.  I hate laundry.

33.  And cleaning floors.

34.  I have a crazy strong intuition.

35.  Which means I am a little freakish.

36.  I fly my freak flag proudly.

37.  I love wine and cheese.

38.  I have blue gray eyes.

39.  My Lego Indiana Jones playing skills are legen. dary.

40.  I have three gorgeous children.

41.  They get their tenacity from me.

42.  I am compassionate.

43.  I love to dance.

44.  I have rythm.

45.  And some moves.

46.  I know when to keep those moves to myself.

47.  I have a gorgeous husband.

48.  I have a strong faith in God.

49.  I know He is all I need.

50.  I know me.

Want to try this experiment?  It’s harder than you think.  I’d love to see your 50 things.  If you participate, please leave your link in the comments here on this post, so we can all come visit you and your blog and laugh and cry along with you.

FireMom June 13, 2008 at 7:11 am

You are a strong woman and mother.

I don’t quite have time for 50 things today but maybe next week. (Though… 50? I don’t know!)

Melanie June 13, 2008 at 7:13 am

I second the hair! It’s fantastic. Hair has always been my thing too – right now it’s brown with chunks of navy blue underneath (kind of like how your red is in your picture) :)

sizzle June 13, 2008 at 7:46 am

I might struggle coming up with so many but I bet it’s a really worthwhile exercise.

I hope today is a better day!

Carrington June 13, 2008 at 8:45 am

I really like you… lol. You forgot to mention a few things… gorgeous, leader, awesome sister, motivator, super smart, brave and strong.

I love that picture of you, that should be your new profile picture all around!

Heather @ Desperately Seeking Sanity June 13, 2008 at 9:26 am
Jenny, Bloggess June 13, 2008 at 9:36 am

Jazz hands!

You rock.

Jess June 13, 2008 at 9:37 am

Holy moly 50?? This may take some time but I will give it a shot.

Lisa June 13, 2008 at 10:04 am

That’s a bit too daunting a task for me right now. You do have great hair!

Adventures In Babywearing June 13, 2008 at 10:59 am

Love it. I know so well that it IS utterly impossible for you to be fake. You are the real deal bebe!

Steph

Rachel June 13, 2008 at 11:30 am

Hi, just a note to say hello. Found you via Twitter. I kindof chuckle when I read things you write. It’s especially entertaining to see the weather report up everyday. I’m not sure I could come up with 50 things..will have to think about it a lot.

Susan (5 Minutes for Mom) June 13, 2008 at 12:33 pm

I LOVE your hair and that photo!!!

I wish I had fun hair like that. I HATE my hair. It would certainly never be anywhere on a list of things I can tolerate about myself.

Honestly, I think it would take a lifetime for me to come up with 50 things I like about myself. And that would work well, because then I wouldn’t have to publish it. LOL.

It is a task I ought to force myself to do… but at the moment, I’m trying to not throw up due to the panic attack I’m currently going through. (I wish I were joking.)

Partha July 19, 2010 at 4:14 pm

@Susan (5 Minutes for Mom),

Monica June 13, 2008 at 1:32 pm

You have a great list – heck I’d be your friend!

You inspired me to make my list so here it is:

It was good fun, so thanks again.

Dy-Anne June 13, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Wow it got really hard after about 30.

4 Little men & Twins June 13, 2008 at 3:08 pm

Love it! Thanks for sharing. I’m impressed you came up with 50 things… I think I might have a hard time.

talk to you soon,

brittany

Rhi June 13, 2008 at 4:36 pm

I have crazy hair too! I think I shall do this, but I probably will not until the weekend is over. Because I have wine to drink tonight. And, I’m all about priorities.

Beth at I Should Be Folding Laundry June 13, 2008 at 8:20 pm

This list must have taken you all of 2 minutes to write, right? I love this list, I love that you have mad Lego Indiana Jones skills, I love your hair, I think of your bangs ALL THE TIME. And I love that you know you – I think that’s the greatest think about you.

Not Just Any Jen June 13, 2008 at 10:03 pm

Arianne, you RAWK!!! thansk for inspiring me. /www.notjustanyjen.com/2008/06/i-love-me.html

Anissa Mayhew June 13, 2008 at 10:14 pm

Ok, so I took the challenge! Here it is, thank you for making me be introspective and think about the good of me.

You can read my 50 here:

Anissa

Katja of Skimbaco June 14, 2008 at 11:18 am

I’m going to try to do this too. But it’ll be difficult not to copy yours, I can’t believe how much alike we are, you have sooo many things on your list I literally could just copy and paste to mine. I will try not to even peak here again when writing mine, so it will all come organically :)

Adventures In Babywearing June 14, 2008 at 1:34 pm
Mel June 14, 2008 at 8:12 pm

I played along and had a blast. So often I find myself beating myself down so it was nice to find the good things about me. Thanks for such a fun post idea!

Rhonda (Mimi) June 16, 2008 at 11:03 am

Wow, you and Steph could be sister’s, you look so much alike…
Great list! You Are the real deal.

Lisa June 16, 2008 at 11:19 am

Great exercise. I enjoyed reading your list. I posted about you in my blog. :)

Lisa June 16, 2008 at 11:32 am

Ok, how weird…I was just reading thru all your replies when I spied one that was written by your friend “notjustanyjen”. I laughed out loud…because I have been going by the name “notjustanylisa” on a number of forums for years. I have never heard of anyone else doing that. I think I may need to meet your friend that is a Jen above the rest!!

Lisa

Katja of Skimbaco June 18, 2008 at 10:00 am
hopealso June 22, 2008 at 9:18 am

Wow, terrifying, but good. Thanks for the exercise! This one’s a keeper.

Jenn @ Juggling Life June 24, 2008 at 9:20 am

I just found this through Party of 6–I thought it was great and I played.

Jenn @ Juggling Life June 27, 2008 at 2:41 pm
nice November 14, 2008 at 2:35 am

I like the way you are!!1

nice November 14, 2008 at 2:36 am

I lyk the way you are!!!

lisaharvey December 9, 2008 at 3:58 pm

i like a boy and he is a nice boy to me and i don’t know what i say to him and his name is russell strling

cwxwwwxdfvwwxwx December 24, 2008 at 5:15 pm

well, hi admin adn people nice forum indeed. how’s life? hope it’s introduce branch ;)

hoe January 6, 2009 at 11:13 am

bitch and hoes

Preeta January 27, 2009 at 8:26 pm

I was born in India but have been Lvng in US for sometime now. Considering our cultural diferences and upbringing, its amazing, but I just have to tell you that at least 36 or more things on your list could very well be on mine too!
These are times when I believe , that I am able to understand what makes one believe in this sometimes inexplicable connection that we call humanity , and the bond women all over the world can easily forge with one another , just by being a mother …or a friend …or sharing similar values…
Love the way you write and will keep reading.
God bless and keep your spirit strong.

Nerea February 27, 2009 at 1:41 am

you are great! greetings from Ecuador.!

wanyi March 10, 2009 at 5:51 am

this could be useful for my scholarship application, i always stumble when people ask me to tell them about myself. its not that i have nothing to say about myself, instead its so many things that i dont know where to begin. i guess, after this exercise, i could begin with "things i like about myself".
by the way, first time reading you, and i tink i m alr loving ur personality, cheers ^^

Sonu_Vaishali March 23, 2009 at 1:45 pm

i think that we should see first ourself then other . our thinking should positive then only we can suggest other. but i am happy boz gods always show right step so believe in yr's self then only we believe other….. keep smiling luv sonu !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sonu_Vaishali March 23, 2009 at 1:45 pm

Angie March 23, 2009 at 3:38 pm

here's a link to mine: http://angiemarion.blogspot.com/2009/03/50-things

Thanks for the inspiration on this!!!

Karen March 23, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I so enjoyed your post, please stop by and check out my 100th post!

hopnati September 13, 2009 at 4:31 pm
LIZ February 21, 2010 at 2:59 am

I HAVE A FIRM FAITH IN ALLAH AND I HAVE A STRONG FAITH IN ISLAM AND PROPHET MUHAMMAD (PEACE BE UPON HIM)…………..!!!!!

Angel Lamour October 8, 2010 at 11:52 am

20. I am a creative person in all ways

Raees Ahmad May 22, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Best Thing…………………………………….

Raees Ahmad May 22, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Best Thing………………………………..

Ariannah September 7, 2011 at 9:25 am

Hahah my name is Ariannah!

Love Jim February 8, 2012 at 3:32 pm

i love every thing i see

manikandan March 31, 2012 at 1:33 pm

21.in my native ,there is one boy who take me as a role modal
22.i like music
23.i have creative habits
24.i know myself
25.i planted one tree to this world

kitsune January 24, 2014 at 10:32 pm

How do you manage to do these kinds of lists? That’s a legitimate question. I can’t. Not at all. When I try thinking of things that I like about myself, I feel a tight grip on my heart, my mind goes foggy, and I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. I can’t even get to the first thing. So please… How do you do this?