Last Friday was a big day for my hubs and I…our 10 year wedding anniversary! We celebrated by falling asleep early in someone else’s bed (one of the kids’). Yes, we are *that* exciting, don’t you wish you were us.
I was inspired by Beth (and a post she linked to that I cannot find!) to post a pic and a “reason why” for each year we’ve been married, in honor of our blessed union amen. You’re about to get a whole lotta Jacob, so hang on to your hat…
1. He loved me even when I was pasty white (worse than now) and looked like I was 13 (probably because he did too).
2. He didn’t mind when my dad and brother made him pose like Spiderman, WITH Spiderman.
3. He jumped into fatherhood with both feet, never realizing the highs and lows that lie ahead.
4. He took me to the ocean and west coast living, which made me realize I’m a beach bum at heart.
5. He’s the perfect father, knowing exactly what his boys need.
6. And loves me through the hard times, as we watch our special needs boys grow and struggle and learn to navigate their world.
7. He made Italy an amazing getaway, showing me one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
8. And he rocks at falling asleep on command (or just any time he sits still).
9. He’s still the hawtest thing around…
Oh no, how did that pic get in here? Whoops…
10. And he puts up with all my shenanigans and thinks I’m the fun-est and funniest person on the Earth.
Love you hun.
P.S. Here’s a pic to make up for the rogue Johnny Depp appearance…who loves you baby…