I was tagged by Katja at Skimbaco to try and find 8 interesting things about myself. I have a love hate relationship with meme’s, but since Katja said I’m funny, I’ll give this one a go.
Here are the rules:
A. Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Are you ready? Can you smell what the Rock is cookin?
1. I’ve birthed 2 of my 3 boys at home in the water and loved it.
2. Everywhere I go, people that I don’t know talk to me. They will ask me to reach things for them, which greeting card I think they should buy their wife, which outfit they should buy themselves, or they just take a second to tell me their life story. I don’t know why this happens, since I work hard to not make eye contact and I try to give off that “I don’t like people” vibe. What can I do? The people. They think I care.
3. I moved from Los Angeles to Chicago-land last fall, and still feel like I was dropped onto a different planet. A very serene, beautiful planet that is full of nice people who don’t hate you first, and ask questions later, but still…a different planet.
4. I say “dude” all the time. Its my go-to word. I say it to men, women and children. I use it as an exclamation, as a way to express sympathy, as a name for my kids when they do stupid stuff, and as a name for my kids when they do awesome stuff. I noticed no one else here in my new town says this word at all, much less says it as often as I do. I hope no one breaks me of this decidedly “L.A.” habit, however I have begun to pick up that midwest accent (heaven help me).
5. I’m the oldest of 4 kids, and I boss them around and I’m always right. (ha!) They don’t visit my blog, but I’m sure they’d agree with half of that statement.
6. I’m really into interior design and almost started my own business flipping houses. I might still do that some day when I get some sleep and can remember to call each of my children by their correct name.
7. I’ve been with my husband since I was 15, except for a brief 2 month period during our engagement when I broke up with him and chucked the ring at his head. I spent those two months sowing my wild oats, and when we got back together we kept the same wedding date (my parents never canceled the chapel or the country club where we had booked the wedding).
8. I used to be an EMT and worked in an ER until I couldn’t bear the emotional toll any longer. I like not having to crack ribs while administering chest compressions (CPR) or having to hear families wail after breaking them the news that their loved one didn’t make it. After that profession I was a paralegal before I finally found my dream job (full time mommy).
**two bonus items because you can’t end a list at 8!**
9. In college I was a nursing major and seriously considered becoming a Navy nurse. Thank God my mom talked me out of that one!
10. I’m not afraid to look silly to make people laugh, so I’m a big hit at weddings.
**one more bonus item, so I can include the pic**
11. I have a ridiculous crush on Johnny Depp. Don’t try and talk me out of it. The man is 40+ and still looks fine.
Ok, so the poor souls I’m tagging are
(apologies in advance if any of you ladies have already done this one):
Basically, all the Mama Speaks gals. Ha! I’m not tagging 8 people, sorry. I basically didn’t follow the rules at all, but hey, that’s why you love me.